FUNCTIONS OF THE CSRS
The functions of the Centre Include:
• Support NDC in the conduct of research, documentation and publication of research findings.
• Serve as a think-tank for the College, the three services and the nation in the area of defence, security and military science.
• Carry out research and training programmes in relevant areas of interest to national development.
• Organise regular seminars, workshops, dialogue sessions and conferences on topical issues that are of interest to security and defence in Nigeria, Africa and the world at large.
• Provide a good training ground for civilian and military personnel going for peacekeeping management and diplomatic operations.
• Monitor events and developments around the world, which affect the security of Nigeria in particular, and Africa at large.
• Participate in collaboration with regional and continental organisations (like ECOWAS, SADC, IGAD, AU among others), on relevant issues of defence, security and peacekeeping.
• Collaborate and network with similar institutions within and outside the country in areas of research and training.
• Provide internship and visiting fellowship for scholars.
• Raise funds to meet research requirements.
• Publish and disseminate its research findings in journals, books and any other acceptable medium that would receive wide circulation.
• Serve as organ for coordination of strategic level peacekeeping training and research in West Africa.