Page 3 of 7
The Objectives of the College are to:
- Prepare senior military and civilian officers for operational and strategic level responsibilities at national and international environments.
- Underpin leadership and command functions with a firm understanding of geographical considerations affecting Nigeria, Africa and the world at large.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of elements of national power which will aid in the formulation of grand national strategy.
- Provide knowledge of the political and strategic framework for policy making and operations in joint and multinational environments.
- Relate within a democratic framework, the higher management of defence to the broader national interests.
- Undertake advanced academic research at national strategic policy level.
- Proffer policy recommendations on specific national and international issues that border on national security.